Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Competent Wifely Update...

Things are going well over at Nueva Casa De Hall. Matt has taken a few days off from work to get some major projects going, and is currently MIA with the trailer--hope all is going well with that, and that he stops and gets himself some Taco Bell or that ungodly breakfast burrito he's been eyeing at Sonic--he deserves a manly day and some time away from his wife, as he's been going non-stop this week already.

The dogs are adjusting nicely to the new digs, and we don't even use our leashes when we go out in the backyard anymore. They may be dumb, but my babies are definitely trainable! The cats still seem happy as well, except Zoe, who has an upset tummy today and has already thrown up neon green cat puke on two different beds and our bedroom carpet. Thanks, kid. I'm sure it's all just a test to get me ready to have a human baby one day, but I could use a couple weeks off, if you don't mind, what with the moving and the boxes and the dust and all.

Yesterday I simmered a big pot of homemade chicken stock for a few hours and turned it into some awesome chicken and sausage gumbo, because I do stuff like that. Today I plan to make a batch of hummus, mostly because my garlic naan is past it's prime and I need to turn it into chips pronto, and really, what is the point of having naan/pita chips on hand if you don't have hummus too? Lunch is going to be dilled chicken salad sandwiches with avocado, and for dinner I'm thinking an nice Asian ginger sesame salad with some seared tofu, again, because I do stuff like that. I love being back to cooking with gas, even if I did manage to set off the very sensitive hallway smoke alarm 7 times in one cooking session. I've got a roast beef planned for Friday, so I'm sure I'll be breaking that record of 7 shortly.

Speaking of gas, the Gas Man came to investigate the potential life threatening/house exploding smell coming from our hookup (easily fixed, apparently) and while he was here Matt batted his eyelashes at him and smiled real purty and got him to fix our fireplace too, which, it seems, required a wonderous tool called "A MATCH" to set it right. Yes, thank you, thank you, the competent homeowners have fire now, thanks to LIGHTING THE PILOT LIGHT MANUALLY. Who would have guessed? Anyway, it's just in time for this cold snap, which I'm loving. Sweater weather is where it's at, y'all.

More posts to come this week, hopefully including more pictures. See you all then!

2 comments:

KatieKate said...

I JUST SET MY FIRE ALARM OFF, TOO! I hate that thing.

I'm going to need drections to your house if I'm going to make it in time for dinner. Sheesh, woman. Put us all to shame. But isn't it SO FUN to cook in a new house???

And also...
a little bitter about the no photos thing. I understand the cat puke though. You're busy.

Shanna Mac said...

I really thought that as a stay-at-homer, I'd have an immaculately clean home and gourmet breakfasts and dinners daily for my family. So far, that hasn't happened. I'll even write down fancy menus for the week. Then I'll take a nap. Then I'll make a frozen pizza for dinner. Perhaps after lil' Riggles part deux, I'll be more motivated. Yeah.

I'll be there for dinner tomorrow...