Monday, November 7, 2011

3 months and the clock just keeps ticking...


I cannot even fathom that it has been two months since I last posted. Since then I've started back to work two nights a week, which has been wonderful even as it's been hard to leave her for a minute. And since then, Ellie Bea has blossomed into a chubby, wiggly, giggly little baby girl. She's out of her newborn onesies and filling out her 3 month outfits. She's moved up a size in diapers. And she has generally cemented her status as the love of our lives. It's mindboggling to me how quickly this little girl keeps growing, and as all mommies are, I'm torn between the joy that is seeing her change and learn in new ways every day, and the sadness in realizing that, Oh my goodness, it's all just going by so fast!

Ellie Bea will forever be the most amazing thing to me. She is magic, and being a mother has made me magical as well.

  • At three months and counting, she is sleeping really well, taking good naps and only getting up once a night to eat.
  • She fusses at exactly 7 o'clock, every single night. It is the magic unhappy hour, and the only way to make her happy is to walk with her and let her look at everything in the room (do NOT EVEN TRY to sit, PLEASE), until she finally admits defeat and goes to sleep for her last nap.
  • Her smiles are pure, unadulterated joy, and make me wonder if anyone yet has checked to see if baby smiles cure cancer--because I think they might, they are that amazing...
  • I love the sound of her sucking on her paci over the baby monitor, and the way her eyelids instantly get heavy the minute it touches her lips.
  • She thinks "meeeoowww" is the funniest word in the entire grown-up language.
  • When I go to get her up in the morning, the moment she sees me at the edge of the crib and her face lights up and she breaks into her huge smile is so good, it may very well be the only reason I need to get up in the first place.
  • She knows and loves her daddy, and seeing her smile the same smile for him makes me fall in love with him again every. single. time.
  • She is uber-chatty now, and listening to her coo and gasp and squeal has convinced her parents and all her grandparents that she is brilliant, and will obviously talk at an early age.
  • She HATES tummy time. She hates it so much, and mommy is so loathe to upset her, that she may very well wind up walking first and skipping crawling altogether.
  • She's discovered the deliciousness that is chewing on her hands, and so far has yet to pick a favorite. Just wait til she finds her feet...
She is my baby. My Bunny Boo Bear. She is Peanutty Goodness. And if you think her daddy and I are nuts over her now, just wait. Christmas is coming.

2 comments:

KatieKate said...

Let's face it: she's the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen... and I have REALLY cute kids.

Glad you are sliding in to the mommy role so lovingly :) Proud of you! Happy for you!

Kim said...

Time is just going by too fast! 3 months already?? I know it is almost impossible to remember the days where she was not in them...
James loves his feet. He giggles every time you stick them in his face or mouth. She is adorable!!

Mrs Haynie