Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The love of our lives...



My baby is two weeks old.

She is beautiful and amazing and brilliant and she is already two weeks old.

Her daddy and I cannot remember what it was like before she was here, which is probably good since it will never, ever be the same again. And that's just fine, because we're both totally and completely in love with this little girl.

She has the most beautiful little eyes ever, and a fuzzy head of blond hair. She has long feet and big toes. She likes to have her legs rubbed. She is a tiny tyrant who demands to eat every 2 1/2 hours and would like to be held at every moment if possible. She is so charming in the morning it hurts my heart just to look at her. She smells amazing. She is still too tiny for all the clothes and diapers we bought before she was born ( we've taken care of that...naturally), but she is growing like a weed. She has already been out to eat three times, and has been a perfect angel every trip. She's been to the grocery store as well, and stopped a woman in her tracks in the vitamin aisle. The lady gushed so long and so loudly over how amazing she is, I found myself looking over my shoulder in the parking lot to make sure she hadn't followed us out. She poops LOUDLY.

Her name is Ellie Bea Ann Hall.

She is the most amazing thing I have ever done.


4 comments:

Jessica said...

So proud of you friend. Love the little missy and cant wait to hear/see more about her!!

KatieKate said...

So very proud... and so very happy for you. Take your time :)

MelissaCoates said...

She is amazing! I think she looks like her Mama.

I am so very happy for you too!! Hugs...

Kim said...

I remember that thought about how life was before those precious family members arrive..... and then before that second one arrives you worry 'how could I love anything more than this?' and you do-

(Then they become teenagers . . . . )

Just kidding :0) You have many wonderful things are ahead of you

Mrs Haynie