Monday, August 24, 2009

I haven't forgotten you, my bloggy friends...

...I've just, well, been busy! Finally ;)

First and most importantly, how fantastic does my husband look in his new suit? He looks like a lawyer already. We've survived the first week of law school beautifully, and next week when I start my new schedule, I anticipate life at home to go even more smoothly. He, in the mean time, is adjusting to all the reading, reading, reading...

In addition to my crazy back and forth schedule at work (oh, how I long for routine...), I've had a couple extra cakes to do at home. My first and biggest cake project to date was a Jimmy Buffett-slash-golf themed sheet cake, which was a gigantic undertaking but really turned out to be a fun cake. Not one I'm looking to repeat any time soon, since I spent hours hand making all the decorations out of tinted white chocolate, but it looked impressive enough to justify it's price tag anyway. The other cake was a cute two layer 10 inch round cake for a little boy's cowboy themed birthday. He requested a horse. His momma requested chocolate, and something that would work with her decorations, which were all bandana-inspired. NO PROBLEM. I think it turned out really cute, and I hope Preston and his momma were as pleased as I was. The bandana sides in particular were a blast, and I really feel like they *made* the cake. That, and the rope border, which is one of my favorite borders to do but I rarely have such a perfect opportunity to use it. More pictures of both cakes and all the details will be up on the cake blog shortly. Also cake related, the lovely Hannah and I have done some conferring on her upcoming wedding cake, and it's going to be just fabulous! I've never been more excited about a cake, and couldn't be happier about who I'm making it for!

So, thanks to the extra income from the cakes, I found myself in the unusual-of-late circumstance of being able to buy a lil' somethin' for myself. Man, I miss shopping. Anyway, while out shopping for ties and sock for the budding lawyer, I found these shoes and absolutely fell in love. Everyone deserves some fancy dancin' shoes, now I've just got find myself somewhere to go ;) I mean, really, how adorable are these? Clinton and Stacey would be so proud...

4 comments:

KatieKate said...

I'm putting your husband on retainer.

Send me a piece of bandana cake... Lordy,t hat's cute!

and the shoes... wow. WOW. Lady, you fancy!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh my word I LOVE THOSE SHOES!!!!! gorgeous!
I am so excited you are making Hannah's cake. I will take lots of pictures of it at the wedding. love the horse cake too. how creative are you?!!!!

Hannah and Kelvin said...

First, thank you for mentioning our collaboration on my wedding cake. I am totally STOKED about it and wouldn't want anyone else to make it! Second, I LOVE those shoes and I think you and your handsome hubby should dress up for a night out on the town. Those shoes and that suit should be shown off :)

The Colorado Carrs said...

you wear those shoes to hannah's wedding so I can snag them off your feet!!!

Matt looks like such a grown up!!! Impressive!!