Monday, December 3, 2007

I named them Donner and Blitzen...

I'm sure this is nothing of note to all of my blogfriends living in the wild and wooly wilderness, but today in my suburban backyard I had TWO beautiful deer stop and say hello (and totally freak my dogs out. Linus says that's the biggest dog he has EVER seen, and may he *please* go chase it next time?). I'm keeping the camera on my desk from now on, just in case they come back for a visit. Linus routinely chases some very smug bunnies into the back woods, and earlier this week there were several honking flocks of geese that came through. Just yesterday there was a very lost looking group of huge white birds circling high over the house. Swans? Cranes? More geese? We couldn't tell. It's like Wild Kingdom up here in Conners Creek, y'all. Hooray for moving to the Edge of Civilization!

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

YAY for nature coming to visit you! If those animals start tlakin' to you, you let me know.